Topline: The Biden administration, along with progressive allies in California, is seeking to ban the sale of the vast majority of conventional vehicles and hybrids within the decade. Congress must pass legislation to stop them.
• The Biden EPA is finalizing a rule that would require two-thirds of new vehicles sold in the U.S. to have zero tailpipe emissions by 2032 (virtually eliminating the sale of gas-powered vehicles and also hybrids).
• The Newsom administration’s proposed tailpipe rule is even more aggressive, mandating the same targets by 2030, and a complete prohibition of new sales by 2035.
• AAF has repeatedly called on leaders to fight policies that discriminate against American energy in favor of energy that relies on resources from foreign adversaries (such as the rare earth minerals from China necessary to make electric vehicle batteries).
• In our legislative agenda for American energy, we urge leaders to “reject state and federal mandates, such as those banning gasoline-powered vehicles, that eliminate consumers’ options, drive up costs, and increase reliance on materials from our foreign adversaries.”
Protecting American Families
• House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Environment, Manufacturing, and Critical Materials Subcommittee Chair Bill Johnson (R-OH) are holding a hearing today, where they will consider AAF-backed legislation to counter progressives’ war on affordable vehicles, including the Preserving Choice in Vehicle Purchases Act and the Choice in Automobile Retail Sales Act.
• Advancing both pieces of legislation is critical in the fight to protect the American consumer and stop the Left’s climate radicalism.
• Additionally, Advancing American Freedom also calls on Republicans on Capitol Hill to conduct rigorous oversight of the Biden administration via hearings and resolutions that roll back the administrative overreach that has become the hallmark of the green agenda.
As AAF Founder, Vice President Mike Pence, has said: “President Biden and his progressive allies on Capitol Hill have been intent on crippling the U.S. energy industry for the sake of a radical green agenda.” The Left continues in the “prioritization of its policies over the prosperity of the American people. The government has no right to tell Americans what kind of car they can drive any more than they can tell vehicle manufacturers what to produce. President Biden’s far-left climate agenda reduces options for consumers and increases our reliance on China and its electric vehicle battery production.”
• AAF Slams Biden’s Approval of Chinese Battery Production Facility
• AAF Supports GOP Effort to Roll Back SEC Overreach
• AAF on Biden Administration’s Plans to Eliminate Gas Vehicles
• The Future of Freedom: Unleashing American Energy
Reach out to John Shelton (email@example.com) with any questions.